lout-users

Re: table rows in a galley

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: table rows in a galley
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 20:40:13 +0400

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 19:15:44 +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> There are several problems with this (though my Lout is getting quite
> rusty, so take this with a grain of salt).

Something along the following lines might work, but I didn't really
try to make it foolproof or flexible.  I have a vague feeling that you
are not splitting responsibilities between the generating program and
lout quite right and that makes you write lout code that is more
complex than necessary.

# "meta-galley", helps to get rid of hordes of
# trivial galley definitions
def @Send
  left  @Target
  named @
    right @Component
        { @Component }
  right galley
{
  def @Enclose right component { @ component }
  galley
}

def @CPlace { @Galley }
def @PPlace { @Galley }
def @BounceRows { @Galley // @BounceRows }

def @MyTbl {
    import @Tbl
    def @RepeatRowa {
        @Rowa A { @CPlace } B { @PPlace }
        // @RepeatRowa
    }

    @BounceRows //
    @Tbl rh { yes } w { expand }
        aformat { @Cell { @Right A } | @Cell B  }
    {
        @Rowa A { country } B { population }
        // @RepeatRowa
    }
}

def @Country named name {} named population {} {
    { @BounceRows&&preceding } @Send {
      { @CPlace&&following } @Send { name }
      { @PPlace&&following } @Send { population }
    }
}

PS: http://www.stderr.spb.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/essays.html (*shamless
plug* :) has some examples that demonstrate how to work with scopes,
galleys and xrefs.

SY, Uwe
--
address@hidden                       |       Zu Grunde kommen