lout-users

Re: Version 3.37 of Lout now available

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Version 3.37 of Lout now available
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 06:42:48 +1100

address@hidden wrote:
> Thanks for the new version. For some reason, @IncludeGraphic stopped
> working. This is the case also with User's Guide: su_crest.eps doesn't
> apprear in the final document.

It does for me.  I checked it just now.  Try it with a different
viewer, or try printing that page on your printer, and we'll see
where we go from there.

In fact I just tried two viewers, KGhostView and Evince, and both
showed the university crest on page 182 of the current User's Guide.

There was actually one change in 3.37 which touched @IncludeGraphic,
namely Cichelli and Bader's patch to allow EPS files to come with
previews.  So I suppose there is a possibility that a problem has
crept in, although I don't know what it would be.  You could try
hand-editing the PostScript file to remove any %% comments in the
vicinity of the included EPS file, and see what that does.  If
one of those is causing the problem, I could arrange for Lout
to drop it on the way through.  But, from memory, the patch was
neutral wrt all these things; it just added previews, it did not
change anything else.

Jeff