lout-users

Re: @Char trademark - lout says it's not there, but it's in the AFM

From: Clint Olsen
Subject: Re: @Char trademark - lout says it's not there, but it's in the AFM
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:46:07 -0700

Hi:

I assigned this 252 since that was available, but that didn't work.  Does
it have to be encoded in 7 or 8 bits to work?  Also, how does the character
glyph get selected for the output?  It can't be as simple as changing the
AFM.  I would expect something required on the pfa/pfb side, too?

Thanks,

-Clint

On Sep 03, Ludovic Court?s wrote:
> That's because is an "unencoded" character (the "C -1" in the AFM file),
> and Lout isn't able to handle them, unfortunately.  You get similar
> messages for fonts that have many ligatures attached to unencoded
> characters, such as the Latin Modern font family.
>
> One solution is to edit the AFM file so that this character is mapped to
> some ASCII value.

believed to be clean.