lout-users

Re: How to set paper size?

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: How to set paper size?
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:32:43 +0100

On 2008-09-01, Robert Riebisch wrote:
> Mark Summerfield wrote:
> > and the other group that you can't. For this second group you have to
> > copy the relevant file (e.g., include/doc) to the directory where your
> > document is and do
> >
> >     @Include{doc}
> >
> > instead of @SysInclude{doc}, and make any changes you need (such as
> > setting the page size) in the local copy of doc.
>
> I see.
>
> > This is annoying because (1) for small documents you often end up
> > needing two files, and (2) if you upgrade lout you may find changes that
> > (of course) aren't in your local copy and so you may have to merge them
> > (as I've had to do more than once and it was a nightmare, the first time
> > anyway).
>
> Yes, that looks annoying, but Jeff might disagree. ;-)

Don't think I haven't complained to him about it;-)

> > Lout's default page size is A4, but if you didn't build lout yourself
>
> The problem here was not Lout (I looked at the .PS file), but
> Ghostscript. I had to add "-sPAPERSIZE#a4" to the ps2pdf command line.

Ah, you should have said it was ghostscript:-)

I have my own little wrapper program that I use instead of ps2pdf (but
does the same thing: calls ghostscript with various args including a
default of -sPAPERSIZE=a4).

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy