lout-users

Re: next release of Lout is approaching (mingw vs cygwin)

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: next release of Lout is approaching (mingw vs cygwin)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:39:26 +0400

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 18:04:01 +0800, KHMan wrote:

> If anyone has experience using Lout on Cygwin, let us know if you
> want and I will put the material up on a new wiki page later.

Last time I tried (which, admittedly, was *years* ago), lout's use of
ftell confused the hell out of cygwin unless you was careful with CLRF
options, but IIRC, Jeff changed db files to be read in binary mode, so
that probably no longer matters.

I'd prefer a "native" win32 port compiled with whatever is the
"native" version of gcc for windows, lcc-win32, or with the free
variety of Visual Studio (Express, or whatever microsoft's fancy
marketing name for it is).  I don't see a need to tie lout for windows
to cygwin.

Google has found me this old mail of mine, that still pretty
accurately reflects my thoughts on the matter (ignore the part about
ftell, that should be fixed now, I think)

http://lists.planix.com/pipermail/lout-users/2000q1/001726.html

SY, Uwe
--
address@hidden                       |       Zu Grunde kommen