lout-users

Re: controlling @CP output

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: controlling @CP output
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:31:04 +1100

> Is it possible (1) to make the numbers align right, and (2) to
> control how much width is allocated to them?

Try

    fixedlinenumbersformat { 4s @Wide { |1rt @Body } }

You could use @Right instead of |1rt, but it does put in a few
extra spaces (it's designed for cases when there is something to
the left, as well as something to be right aligned).  I'm not sure
whether the 4s will be four spaces in the font of the line numbers
or in the enclosing font; it will make a difference, obviously.

> numbered{Yes}   # number lines starting from 1
> numbered{No}   # don't number lines
> numbered{NoPrint}   # number lines starting from 1 but don't count blanks
> numbered{5} # number lines starting from 5 (or whatever number is given)

According to the User's Guide, Section 12.3, all this is available now.

Jeff