lout-users

Re: New Lout website up and about

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: New Lout website up and about
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:58:56 +0800

Jeff Kingston wrote:
> I had a snoop around this site.  It looks great - many thanks
> to the perpetrators.  I've added a link to it from my web page.
> Are we calling it the "Lout Home Page"?  At present I've called
> it the "Lout SourceForge Page", but I could change it.

[Oops, the reply-to made my response go directly to Jeff, so I'm
reposting an extended version to the list for completeness.]

Sure. The link on the mailing list page also needs fixing.

I regard the positioning of the new site as thus: The new
wiki-based home page is the community's contribution to helping
Jeff support and maintain a web presence for Lout. The material on
the wiki is the result of contributions from many, many people
over the years. Many thanks to everyone who contributed.

I will be moving Valeriy's selected postings from his website to
the wiki soon, with his blessings. If anyone knows of list
postings that dispensed indispensable Lout-related information or
links to Lout-related stuff, please post to the list or you can
send them to me directly, I'll do some editing over weekends.

If anyone has CSS debugging experience, one problem we are facing
is the too-small shrinking fonts for hierarchical items. It could
be a relative font-width setting that I'd rather we do without.
The SF wiki services is not really mature yet, but if we can
override the settings, then list items wouldn't look so itsy-bitsy
small.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)