lout-users

Re: Converting 3.36 user guide to PDF

From: Kein-Hong Man
Subject: Re: Converting 3.36 user guide to PDF
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:12:06 +0800

Mark Summerfield wrote:
> On 2008-01-05, Bruce Horrocks wrote:
>> [snip]
>> Has anyone successfully produced a PDF and can they provide me a link or
>> email a copy? (Please email first in case I am inundated!)
>
> The lout web site (http://lout.sourceforge.net) always seems to be
> out-of-date and seems to be impossible to update. The other lout web
> site (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lout) does seem to be up-to-date
> except that it links to an invalid web page for the project's web site.

As far as my status on the Lout SF project goes: There are a few
project admins, and I have dev permissions only. That said, I for
one can't commit to maintaining a website, so perhaps someone can
do away with the SF website and make it point somewhere proper,
where the 'somewhere proper' should ideally be a maintained
website. I dunno what's the best way to optimize this...

Mirroring the source releases and Win32/doc file releases I can do
for now, since releases are infrequent and does not involve that
much work. Of course it's a bit redundant... but that's in case
Australia gets wiped out by a large meteor... :-) That sums up
what I am doing.

Around these parts of the FLOSS scene, I guess there is a short
supply of ready contributions of time and resources (as opposed to
say Linux, where there are riches in comparison), so there are
severe limitations as to what the Lout community can rustle up and
maintain in the long term.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)