lout-users

Re: Latin modern "fi" ligature not appearing in the PDF

From: Gabor Greif
Subject: Re: Latin modern "fi" ligature not appearing in the PDF
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:41:45 +0100

Am 22.11.2007 um 21:09 schrieb Gabor Greif:

Am 22.11.2007 um 20:46 schrieb Jeff Kingston:

Did this patch enter in a recent lout version?

Sure did, see z37.c line 336:

    /* patch by Ludovic Courtes, added v. 3.31 */

Jeff

Okay, thanks :-)

This means I should investigate

- whether the mapping is right
- the ligature is present in the OpenType font at all

Following on my own mail, the OpenType fonts
do not have an encoding for the fi, fl etc. ligatures.
In my interactive font viewer I get a missing glyph
for them. When typing "f" followed by "i", however,
those two join to produce a pretty-looking ligature.

I shall take Barrie's advice and specify @Recode {yes}
if possible.

Thanks for the tips.

        Gabor