lout-users

long scroll with no page breaks

From: Vadim Nasardinov
Subject: long scroll with no page breaks
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:50:12 -0400

I saw Lout mentioned on LtU in
http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/2419 a couple of weeks ago.  Since
it is included in Fedora 7, it was easy to take a quick look at it.

I'm still working my way through the User's Guide and I'm sure it
answers the question I'm about to ask, but I've been unable to find
the answer on my own.  I'm sure I'll figure it out as soon as I post
this message and feel stupid afterwards for asking such a dumb
question, but...

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to make lout introduce page
breaks.  What I mean is, I have two pages worth of text.  When I
compile my sample document, lout produces a PostScript file that looks
like a single long scroll.  Evince, the PostScript/PDF viewer that
ships in Fedora, describes the document properties like so:

  Creator:         Basser Lout Version 3.30 (October 2004)
  Format:          PostScript
  Number of Pages: 1
  Paper Size:      8.26 x 23.39 in

I'd rather have two separate pages 8.25 x 11 inches each.

My document looks like so (sans the leading pipe sybmols "|"):

 | @SysInclude{doc}
 | @Document
 |   @InitialFont{Times Base 11p}
 |   @InitialLanguage{French}
 | @Text @Begin
 |
 | [... 33 paragraphs omitted for brevity ...]
 |
 | @End @Text

I compile this file like so:

  lout foo.lout > foo.ps

What am I missing?