lout-users

distiller 3.02 and lout-3.36-user.ps

From: Gabor Greif
Subject: distiller 3.02 and lout-3.36-user.ps
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:35:40 +0200

Hi all,

maybe someone can point out a solution to a problem I encountered today:

address@hidden [!103] distill lout-3.36-user.ps

WARNING: This version of the Acrobat Distiller may not be fully
         compatible with previous versions of Acrobat Exchange
         and Acrobat Reader due to new functionality based on
         recent PDF language additions.  To ensure compatibility
         with previous versions of Acrobat Exchange and Acrobat
         Reader, the DEFAULT for compatibility can be set inside
         your personal preference file.  Setting this compatibility
         switch, however, will result in the disabling of new
         features of the Acrobat Distiller.  The compatibility
         switch may easily be overridden at run-time through the
         specification of -compatlevel and in no way represents an
         actual permanent loss of features for Acrobat Distiller.

   NOTE: Running the Acrobat Distiller with the -noprefs option
         will effectively disable the preference chosen below.

   Enter Acrobat Distiller personal preferences file modification [1, 2, 3]
      [1] use 3.0 new features
      [2] use 2.1 compatibility
      [3] leave compatibility undefined   2

Distilling lout-3.36-user.ps (4,634,063 bytes)
%%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: setcolor ]%%

Stack:
-dict-
0.0
0.0
0.0

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%
6.0 seconds (0:06)

setcolor is only called from /LoutSetCCSP which in turn gets called from
/LoutSetTexture, /LoutSetCMYKColor, /LoutSetHSBColor, /LoutSetRGBColor or
/LoutSetGray.

Not sure which one is the cuplrit.

The problem is not recent, lout-3.33-user.ps gives the same error.
Possibly the 3.02 version of distiller is flawed, but that
does not seem to be probable.

I also tried ps2pdf, and it worked flawlessly, just like scrolling thru
the 300+ pages using the gv viewer. I have
address@hidden [!116] bin/gs --version
8.54

This is not a serious problem, but I would like to know the reason/possible
workaround.

Thanks,

        Gabor