lout-users

RE: Is there a way to force the table of contents to an even page? (UNCL

From: James, Edward Mr DTSW/TCS
Subject: RE: Is there a way to force the table of contents to an even page? (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 07:58:02 -0400

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Jeff,

What I am doing is a phonebook. The finished product should be: page 1
TOC, page 2 second page of TOC, pages 3-19 phone listings.

When I run lout, I set "@FirstPageNumber" to 3. I get page i title, page
ii blank, pages 3-19 phone listings, pages 20 and 21 TOC.

I have a perl script that moves the TOC to pages i & ii and renumbers
them to 1 and 2.

Without "@ChapterStartPages { Odd }", the TOC on page 20 is a "left"
page; with it, the TOC on page 21 is a "right" page. All I have to do is
change the page numbers and move the Postscript to the front.

(1) Yes. Is what I want better explained now?
(2) I will test using this. Will the TOC still come out at the back?
(3) I don't think I am tied to "book."  If possible could you send me a
sample of your lout code and changes to setup file(s)?

Thank you,

Ed