lout-users

q on rendering outlines

From: Patrick Giagnocavo
Subject: q on rendering outlines
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:26:12 -0400

Hi

As part of some writing I am doing, I have found how useful outliner software can be.

However I am trying to stay cross-platform, and thus have hit upon the idea of using Lout as the presentation-stage layer, and some kind of text-based markup that is then converted to Lout markup.

One of the challenges is that an outliner can be an arbitrary number of levels deep, however most of the Lout markup that would seem to apply only goes down to the sub-sub-subsection, which is 4 levels deep.

Does anyone have a recommendation, or better yet, has anyone written anything to handle this case?

Cordially
Patrick Giagnocavo
address@hidden