lout-users

Success with LOUTLIB [was: Re: Feature wish: LOUTDIR environment variabl

From: Gabor Greif
Subject: Success with LOUTLIB [was: Re: Feature wish: LOUTDIR environment variable]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:39:45 +0100

Am 17.03.2007 um 01:50 schrieb Gabor Greif:

Am 16.03.2007 um 21:52 schrieb Jeff Kingston:

You already have Ludovic's suggestion.  My own would
be to remove the -x run from the makefile and do it
yourself (with appropriate privileges) after Lout has
found its way to its final resting place.

If you are really stuck I'm willing to keep talking,
but I prefer to keep this kind of thing to a minimum,
and I think it's paid off over the years by keeping
things simple for everyone.

This looks like an approach that could work.
Maybe the install target needs to be split
in the makefile. I shall try this and post a patch
if it works out.

The simplicity of lout is the reason why I use it,
building it is a breeze, I want to keep this property;
that is why I asked here.

It turns out that there is already a LOUTLIB environment
variable for overriding the compiled-in paths :-)
Using this, I was able to run the recommended install
process without any patches to the vanilla distribution...

lout is now part of http://macports.org !

Cheers,

        Gabor

Jeff