lout-users

Re: pagenumbers and the -s (no cross references) option

From: Jürgen H . Havix
Subject: Re: pagenumbers and the -s (no cross references) option
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:50:36 +0100 (MET)

> My own preferred way to speed up Lout on large documents is to
> work on one chapter at a time.  See the User's Guide, Section
> 3.8, for the method I use.  I'm using it right now, on the
> current revision of the Nonpareil language specification, and
> it works pretty well imo.

Yes, that is one possibility to speed up things.
If you correct a larger document piece by piece that way,
lout is working on the cross-references each time, because they change
each time.
In my opinion if you could exclude the cross-references in a way that
the layout would be consitent, _this_ would be a great improvement.
george