lout-users

Re: [ANN] includefonts 0.9

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: [ANN] includefonts 0.9
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 08:37:19 +1100

> ... given that the PostScript contains the necessary DSC
> comments (e.g., PostScript files generated by Lout) ...

Michael didn't say it, so let me just mention that Lout
does generate these comments.  However there are issues
concerning where they are placed, whether a font is
embedded repeatedly (e.g. once per page), etc.  I would
be willing to work with people who are trying to make
all this stuff work properly.

The main problem is what to do about a font that is used
for the first time half-way through a document, and used
repeatedly after that.  Lout being a one-pass system,
apart from cross-referencing, it can't include the font
comment at the start of the document, which would be the
best place in this case.

Jeff