lout-users

Re: rragged paragraph breaking style

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: rragged paragraph breaking style
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:14:07 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden (Jeff Kingston) writes:

> The question is whether a single word constitutes a paragraph
> or not.  I believe I have oscillated at various times between
> considering it to be a paragraph, and not.  If it's not a
> paragraph, then the rragged style etc. does not apply to it.

>From an end-user viewpoint, "one" and "1984", for instance, both qualify
as "a single word".  This means that there's no understandable reason
why they would be treated differently.  Really, Patrick's example is
quite clear: it contains mostly "single words" and it looks as though
Lout had randomly mistreated some of them.

Looking at z08.c:1037, it looks like the intent was to enclose all
"real" words (i.e., those that appear in the final document) in
paragraphs.  I don't clearly understand what `crs' is for, but it looks
like it should not affect whether or not `x' is enclosed in a paragraph.

Thanks,
Ludovic.