lout-users

Re: question about encoding (spanish document)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: question about encoding (spanish document)
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:36:58 +0100

Hi,

Rolando Abarca <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to write a document in spanish, but I can't get the right
> encoding to produce the written accent mark.
> What's the encoding I have to use (in vim) to produce the correct glyph?

You can use Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) and you don't need to do anything
special to tell Lout about that: this is the default.  In Vim, I think
you have to tell it something like `:set encoding=latin-1'.

> What about UTF-8 support?...

Some time ago, Michael Piotrowski and I reached the conclusion that
adding UTF-8 support should be "feasible in bounded time", but we
haven't got any further so far.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.