lout-users

Version 3.31 of Lout now available [repost]

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Version 3.31 of Lout now available [repost]
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:34:26 +1100

I posted this yesterday but have not seen it come back to
me, so here goes again.

Version 3.31 of the Lout document formatting system is now available
from the usual place:

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.31.tar.gz

The User's Guide is available separately from

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.31.user.ps.gz

and there is also a diff from Version 3.30 in that directory.
Could I have some reports please from early adopters.  Thanks.

Jeff Kingston

Changes and new features introduced in Version 3.31 [August 2005]

   Bug fixes:
     Ludovic Courtes's fix for ligatures problem
     Kingston and Piotrowski's fix for list number referencing problem
     Fix for things adjacent to relations disappearing in program texts
   Added @VStrut, @ZeroWidth, @ZeroHeight symbols to basic setup module
   New User's Guide section ("Precise object placement") documenting
     @VStrut, @ZeroWidth, @ZeroHeight, and similar already existing symbols
   Improved rule for avoiding orphan section headings, following a
     suggestion by Ludovic Courtes
   Added @ChapterContentsIndent, @SectionContentsIndent etc. to setup files
   Latin3 and Esperanto (contributed by Ludovic Courtes)
   "Bullets" and "Symbols" footnote numbering styles (contributed by
     Michael Piotrowski)
   "marginkerning @Break" (contributed by Ludovic Courtes)
   @E inline equation symbol now squeezes superscripts, more like TeX
   "lout @Space" now used throughout program texts by default (can be