lout-users

Re: Latin-3 and Esperanto support for Lout

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Latin-3 and Esperanto support for Lout
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:56:44 +0200

Hi,

Joe Beach <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not familiar with the LPPL, but the "ignore the incompatibility"
> option isn't really viable. At least, not if we want the rest of the
> world to respect the GPL. It seems like it would be difficult for
> copyright owners to enforce a license that they aren't complying with
> themselves. Contacting the author to get his/her permission to use the
> code under the GPL sounds like the only real option.

You're right, actually.  I just emailed its author, CC'd to Jeff.  I
thought most other hyphenation patterns included in Lout were also under
the LPPL (therefore violating the GPL) but it doesn't seem to be the
case.  The Polish hyphenation file explicitly mentions that its author
was contacted before it was released under the GPL as part of Lout.

Thanks,
Ludovic.