lout-users

Mixed 3 col layouts with normal, and dynamic document properties

From: Luke Galea
Subject: Mixed 3 col layouts with normal, and dynamic document properties
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:19:22 -0400

Hi All!!

I'm dynamically generating lout content from a ruby application.. and I need
to have a dynamic page footer (ie: The footer says: Generated for PERSON'S
NAME)..

I can't seem to find a way to specify the footer without modifying the
document file.. but it's unwieldy for me to generate two documents
dynamically for every run..

Another dynamic weirdness I'm hitting is that I need to produce a document
where most pages are a normal layout, but occasionally a single page will be
a three column layout.. Is there any way to do that in lout? Or do I need to
generate seperate documents and do some kind of merge?? It would be very
awkward... :(

Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance!