lout-users

Re: Problem with vertical space and @Verbatim

From: Barrie Stott
Subject: Re: Problem with vertical space and @Verbatim
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:15:56 +0100

Many thanks, Jeff, for the reply but my English must have confused
you. Although I used the word `display' it had nothing to do with lout
displays. In fact, when I do something similar with a lout display it
comes out fine.

I append the original message in case you or anyone else can help.

Barrie.
--------------------
The following is a tidied up version of some semi-automatically
generated text which is causing problems.

@LP This is text
@LP
|10p .8vx @Break {Times Base 6.5p} @Font @Verbatim {
Verbatim line 1
}
@LP This is text

As it stands, everything is lined up nicely.

PROBLEM 1: If I try to display 2 lines of verbatim text instead of the
current 1, the final `This is text' is too close to the verbatim
text.

PROBLEM 2: If I then remove the `|10p ', I lose the indent but
vertical alignment returns to something acceptable.

How can I display several indented, verbatim lines?