lout-users

Version 3.30 of Lout now available

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Version 3.30 of Lout now available
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:23:53 +1000

Version 3.30 of Lout is now available from the usual place:

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.30.tar.gz

A diff from Version 3.29 is available in

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.29-to-3.30.gz

and a formatted copy of the User's Guide is in

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.30.user.ps.gz

Changes from the previous version are listed below.  As always,
please keep those comments and suggestions rolling in.

Jeff Kingston

Changes and new features introduced in Version 3.30 [October 2004]

   Bug fixes (H. K. Man's fix for PDF links, '' in Python, crashing
     for some cases of "lout --option{value}")
   Fixed bug with large page sizes.  Lout stores object sizes in 32-bit
     integers, but smaller numbers (gap widths, shifts, character metrics
     etc.) in 16-bit integers.  The left parameter of @Wide and @High was
     erroneously being passed through a 16-bit variable.
   Added A2 to list of page types (it works, too)
   Reference new mailing list address
   @HMirror and @VMirror symbols for reflecting objects
   @IndexRangeFormat option for changing "from--to" format in indexes
   "nolig @Font" for turning off ligatures in following object
   @BeginSubPrefaces, @SubPreface, and @EndSubPrefaces symbols
   @BeginSubIntroductions, @SubIntroduction, and @EndSubIntroductions symbols
   @ParagraphItem symbol (like @ListItem but label integrated into paragraph)
   Documented the danger of keeping valuable .ld files in source directories
   Kerning now tries original characters before their unaccented versions
   "@Graph style { grid }" replaces ticks in graphs with grid lines

   Things not done

      @CaptionGap not implementable since some gaps between figures and
        captions are not accessible.  Try @FigureCaptionFormat.
      Brazilian Portuguese declined on the grounds that it turned out
        virtually identical to Portuguese Portuguese (convince me...)
      I may have promised to add an "incontents" option to large-scale
        structure symbols, which would allow them to opt out of the table
        of contents.  On second thoughts I'm unwilling to do this.  I need
        to be convinced that Lout should encourage this strange thing.