lout-users

Re: uml-type diagrams

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: uml-type diagrams
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:18:26 +1000

> what is the best way to use lout's diagramming capability to
> generate a uml-like image?  Basically just stacked
> boxed text that are all the same width.

Uh.. this doesn't sound like UML to me.  What about the boxes
divided into compartments, the little triangles denoting
inheritance, etc.?  I did some UML in Lout once, for a
course I was teaching, and it was doable but tedious.
I think I wrote definitions for the various types of boxes
and for the little triangle, laid them all out in one
big table, and linked them.

Anyway, if your question is really asking how to get a lot
of boxes of the same width, then in @Diag the answer is to
use the hsize option to fix the widths.  You might look
into the "ahsize" option which allows you to fix the
width of a certain type of node once at the start (e.g.
in your setup file), so that you don't have to repeat
the hsoze option over and over.

Hope this helps, if not keep asking.

Jeff Kingston