lout-users

Re: @Eq, column-width variable, CJK/unicode support?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: @Eq, column-width variable, CJK/unicode support?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:36:34 +1000

> why can't I write: "In the above formula @Eq r denotes ..."

It makes sense, but because @Eq introduces symbols like
sup and sub, it wants reassurance about where the equation
ends, which is what @Eq { r } gives.  For example,

    @Eq x sup 2

shows what Lout is worrying about.

> I have a fair number of plots in the file that
> I would like to be scaled to the column width

Sounds like you need

    downifneeded @Scale ...

Contrary to a previous posting @Scale works fine in displays.

> OK, now the biggest problem. What about CJK support?

The previous posting has a good discussion of the many, many
issues.  I will not be doing this myself, since I have to
put that sort of time into the Nonpareil project (my new
document editing/formatting system, still embryonic).

Jeff Kingston