lout-users

Re: Is is possible to mirror an object? + @Case problem

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: Is is possible to mirror an object? + @Case problem
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:46:17 +0100

On Sunday 05 October 2003 21:39, Jeff Kingston wrote:
> > I want to be able to mirror an object, and can't see how to do it.
>
> There is no Lout symbol for it, but PostScript allows it.  So a bit
> of PostScript enclosed in a @Graphic symbol will do the job.  There
> is an issue about ensuring that Lout is not confused about the
> position of the mirrored object, which would require a little care.

Thanks to you (and Uwe) for this suggestion... one day I will have to
read a PostScript book!

> > The usual meaning of
>
>     { Installing the Software } @Yield ...
>
> is that the case branch is to be taken whenever any one of
> the three words is given.  I suppose the simplest way to
> get what you want would be
>
>     "Installing the Software" @Yield ...
>
> provided you enclose your actual appendix header in quotes
> as well.  The quotes make the contents into a single word
> with embedded space characters.

That worked perfectly!

> But what does your A and
> B represent anyway?  They look like appendix numbers to me.
> Why not just use the usual means of getting the appendix
> number into the format?

Because the "number" parameter comes through as "Appendix A", "Appendix
B" and so on. But I don't want the word "Appendix" on the first page of
the appendix, I just want a big A (or B and so on). But I can't change
the appendix word to "" because I _do_ want "Appendix A" in the header
on subsequent pages.

Thanks!

--
Mark.