lout-users

suggestion

From: funkaster
Subject: suggestion
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:33:40 -0400 (CLT)

As Jeff Kingston suggested, here's my suggestion:
support for other charsets, not just iso-8859-1. Right now, I'm mainly
working on Sun workstations and Linux, so getting a 8859-1 document is
easy, but when I'm at home, I work only with Macs, so producing a 8859-1
document is real pain (this is mainly for non-english languages, where
you need special characters, like stressed vowels and others).
Some time ago I looked at the code and I was trying to add support for mac
charset, but I left it because of lack of time. Now I have the time to
start again...

regards,
ra.-