lout-users

Re: Proportional fonts

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:39:36 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Friday, August 1, 2003 at 16:29:30 (+0100), Mark Summerfield wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
>
> I believe that <br/> _is_ a valid tag; but that some older browsers
> can't cope with it. The solution that seems to work is to use <br />.

As far as I can tell they're both invalid for any audience that includes
users of older browsers (including myself).  No interoperability
standard is of any use whatsoever unless it is adopted by the intended
audience.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <address@hidden>