lout-users

Re: Lout website

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Lout website
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:35:33 +1100

Looks great.  They changed the name of my department, so I am
now at the School of Information Technologies, University of
Sydney, Australia, rather than Basser Department of Computer
Science.  And also I think that means that "Basser Lout"
should become just "Lout", unless there are people out there
who still see a reason to distinguish between the language
and its sole implementation (are there any?)

As I understand it I should be able to put in these edits
myself, but the Edit Page button did nothing on my browser.

Jeff

ps colours seem quite muted on my browser, all black, grey
and icy blue.  No animations please! but a bit more colour
would be nice.  It strikes me that you don't need a whole
extra column for the wiki options, they could go at the
bottom of the left column unless there is going to be a
lot more of them.  Rather than "Adding new languages is
easy" it might be better to say "Adding new left-to-right
languages is easy."  Alos you sort of say PDF is available
and then later that it isn't.  The true state is there on
the page but expressed in parts in different places, it
needs to be brought together into one place in a statement
such as

   "Although a PDF backend is available, it supports only
    a subset of the Lout functionality and is not currently
    supported.  The most reliable way to generate PDF from
    Lout is to distil it from PostScript output."

On behalf of everyone, thanks for doing this.