lout-users

Cpecial characters

From: Tatyana Alexeyev
Subject: Cpecial characters
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

I got a very serios problem w/ typing a special characters in a table records.
According your documentation I am surounding the special characters in "{" (example) as you suggeted.
Everytihng is working,exept " and \ characters.

I am using a perl regular _expression_ to substitude all this special characters inside the string
like
$name ="arr/yay's from some~&{";
$name =~ s /&/"&"/g;
 or
$name=~ s/\//"\/"/g
and this part is working

if I have
$name="then\re";
and I do
$name=~ s/\\/"\\"/g
it creates a very strange line and changing a format of my table.

I also can not substitute a
$name=some"dad";
If I do
$name =~ s/\"/"\""/g;
or
$name=~ s/\"/@Char quotedbl/g
it will print the world quotedbl inside my string PDF creation.

I can not surrond the whole string w/ " ...", I need to use string substitution command.

Thanks,

Tanya

Jeff Kingston <address@hidden> wrote:
You need the @RowHeader options, I think they are called. You'll find
them in the chapter on Tables in the User's Guide, I think the section
might be called Mutli-page tables.

Jeff Kingston

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?