lout-users

Re: Alignment problem

From: Joe Beach
Subject: Re: Alignment problem
Date: 30 May 2003 17:13:05 -0600

Hi Thomas,

I can do what you want with a table. Here is a sample lout file.

------------

@SysInclude {tbl}
@SysInclude {doc}
@Doc

@Text @Begin

@LP @Tbl
aformat {
@Cell marginbelow {0.2c} rulebelow {yes} A |
@Cell marginbelow {0.2c} rulebelow {yes} indentvertical {foot} B
}
{ # beginning of table data
@Rowa
A {clines @Break {
Thomas Baruchel
15 rue Fréminville
29200 Brest

Phone: 999999
email : "address@hidden"
} # end of clines
} # end of cell A

B { 120p @Font {Hello} }

} # end of table data

@End @Text

--------------------

The important feature is the use of the "indentvertical" parameter to
get the "Hello" to be at the base of the right cell of the table. The
rulebelow is just to give a reference to see if the bottom of the texts
are aligned and I put the marginbelow in because lout normally defines
margins based on the font, and I wasn't sure if having different sized
fonts would cause different margins in the two cells. You can play with
it and see for yourself. I have compiled this lout, and it worked for
me.

Joe Beach

--
Joe Beach <address@hidden>