lout-users

[Announce] Scintilla/SciTE 1.53 editor supports Lout

From: K. H. Man
Subject: [Announce] Scintilla/SciTE 1.53 editor supports Lout
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 16:01:00 +0800

Hi,

Neil Hodgson, author of the Scintilla/SciTE edit control/
editor has released 1.53 officially, and it supports Lout
syntax highlighting and source folding for brace pairs and
@Begin/@End sections.

Scintilla official site is at:
    http://www.scintilla.org/

Sources/Linux/Win32 binaries can be downloaded from:
    http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDownload.html

Scintilla/SciTE is highly customizable. The keyword list
(from the 3.28 sources) can be extended and syntax colours
can be customized for syntax highlighting.

Due to the difficulties in highlighting the correct words
properly by lexing and not really parsing, the Lout lexer
for the editor follows a few simple rules:
(1) '@symbol' predefined names are in dk. blue, bold
(2) 'symbol' predefined names are only highlighted if
    it is the first word in a line, in dk. blue, bold
(3) other '@symbol' are automatically in dk. blue
(4) "-delimited strings are in lt. red, hanging strings
    (without a closing delimiter) are highlighted
(5) numbers are in dk. green
(6) comments are in lt. green
(7) non-alphanumeric operators are in bold

If anyone uses the editor for Lout and wants something
tweaked, feel free to send me an e-mail, I'll see what
I can do.

Enjoy,
--
Cheers,