lout-users

Version 3.26 of Lout now available

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Version 3.26 of Lout now available
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:46:43 +1100

Version 3.26 of Lout is now available.  If you are currently happy
with what Lout is giving you, don't bother getting this version.
I am currently working continuously on Lout with the aim of
releasing a stable version in the next few weeks that fixes
all known problems.  I'm releasing this version now because
one user is hanging out for a fix to the problems with merged
index entries, and this version has that fix (I hope).

I resigned from my day job several weeks ago to allow me to
work full time on Nonpareil, which will be the successor to
Lout.  However, I will continue to maintain Lout indefinitely.
Users of the mailing list will probably notice that I read
it less promptly now (about twice a week), but hopefully that
will be compensated for by more timely fixes than I have
been able to supply over the last few years.  My email
address will continue to be address@hidden as usual.

Get Version 3.26 from the usual place:

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.26.tar.gz

A diff from Version 3.25 is available:

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.25-to-3.26.gz

A PostScript version of the User's Guide is available separately:

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.26.user.ps.gz

Changes and new features introduced in Version 3.26 [October 2002]

    Fixed bug causing crash when breaking certain list items across pages
    Merged index entries completely reimplemented
    @DropTagItem (@DTI) now prevents page break after drop tag

Jeff Kingston