lout-users

[no subject]

From: John H. Zouck
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:05:52 -0400 (EDT)

I recently found lout and was much enthused on reading about it and have
downloaded 3.25 to my Solaris box.

It built OK. I installed it to my local directory. After setting LOUTLIB
to the local lib directory, 'make install' went OK too.

However when I went to the doc/user directory and tried to rebuild the
user's guide, there were all sorts of error messages, like:

jhz[\H:(~/lout-3.17/doc/user)]360: lout all >tmp.ps
lout file "all":
    14,1: unresolved cross reference @Roman&&1
    14,1: unresolved cross reference @Roman&&2
lout file "preface" (from "all" line 33):
     9,9: unresolved cross reference @NumberMarker&&kingston1995lout.expert
   11,17: unresolved cross reference @NumberMarker&&kingston1993lout.design
   12,24: unresolved cross reference @NumberMarker&&kingston1994lout.overheads
   41,28: unresolved cross reference @NumberMarker&&kernighan1975eqn
   42,23: unresolved cross reference @NumberMarker&&reid1980scribe
   51,32: unresolved cross reference @NumberMarker&&knuth1984tex
lout file "bas_char" (from "bas" line 15, from "all" line 34):

I got a postscript document out, and it is readible, but there are many
'???' in it, I assume due to the error messages...

Anyone know what's going on?

John H. Zouck
The Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Laboratory