lout-users

Re: Figure troubles

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Figure troubles
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:34:13 +1000

Leaving the box behind is probably not that strange; Lout probably
has put some empty thing there and then moved on to look for
another page to take the rest.

My first suggestion would be to enclose the entire body of the
figure in @OneRow, like this:

    @Figure
        @Caption { ... }
    {
    @OneRow {
         ... actual figure here ...
    }
    }

This should ensure that there are no little empty bits of the figure
being put into the first space and causing Lout to think it has
achieved something there.

If that doesn't help, the next step will be to post a sample file
that produces the problem, preferably somewhat cut-down.

Jeff Kingston