lout-users

Re: pdf cross-linked document

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: pdf cross-linked document
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:26:31 +0200

Athanasios Valais <address@hidden> writes:

> What do people think of building a common library of useful pdf
> macros for lout?

This is a very late followup, but I've been busy hacking my
XML-to-Lout toolchain while trying to use it to produce documents
before tight deadlines ;-)

In fact, while doing this I've added some PDF features to
OverheadTransparencies and Report, including the ability to generate
hierarchical bookmarks in Report (if you tell Lout how many
subordinate sections are following, which is easy if you're generating
the Lout code using XSLT).

I think it would be very useful to have a repository for *any* kind of
Lout-related stuff, not just PDF macros.  Unfortunately, past
discussions and experience have indicated that this might be
difficult, as much Lout code seems to be written in proprietary
settings, and due to a lack of time for polishing things for public
release (I *think* that were two points that were mentioned).

Personally, I *am* trying to publish something soon, but my time's
limited, too :-(

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <address@hidden>