lout-users

Re: tables

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: tables
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:32:44 +0100

On Friday 19 April 2002 21:09 pm, address@hidden wrote:
> hello, i would like to use lout to make business
> cards - and would like to know if lout allows total
> control over placement of EPS files.  my problem is
> that i cannot figure out how to use the full printable
> area on a page of paper.  lout appears to enforce
> the margins of a typical "document".
>
> can i do this with lout:
>
> if i have a EPS file (3.5x2 inches), and i want to make
> a table 2 across, 5 down (typical business card stock),
>
> EPS ->  EPS EPS (very small margins!)
>         EPS EPS
>         EPS EPS
>         EPS EPS
>         EPS EPS
>
> can i do this?  i need almost ALL of the printable
> area on the paper.  this fails if i have a 1 inch
> top margin or right margin.  i need total control
> over the whole printable page ...
>
> thank you - please Cc off the list ...

You can set your own page margins by copying the 'doc' file (on my
system /usr/local/lib/lout/include/doc) to say 'mydoc' and changing the
@DocumentSetup options for @TopMargin, @FootMargin etc. to whatever you
like. To control the margins in a table use the margin option -- all of
this is explained in the user guide.

--
Mark.