lout-users

Re: "fatal error: symbol expected following @@V"

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: "fatal error: symbol expected following @@V"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:18:51 +0400 (MSD)

This sounds rather horrible.  I have two vague suggestions.

First, I remember long ago there was a problem reading large files,
at the block boundaries some characters got lost.  But that was fixed
(by Uwe?) long ago.

Second, the database does have a known bug with the scoping, which leads
occasionally to a symbol name being misinterpreted as a literal word.

If you could send me a copy of book.ld as it is at the moment just before
the start of the run that produces this error message, I could have a
look and see what I can make of it.  Luckily, the line number of the
error message is actually meaningful, so I can start by looking there.

I'm assuming you are using a recent version of Lout - 3.25 is the current
version.  But there have been no fixes in this area for a long time.

Jeff Kingston