lout-users

Re: prg2lout and 8-bit characters

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: prg2lout and 8-bit characters
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:49:09 +0100

Jeff Kingston <address@hidden> writes:

> This looks to me like a clear case of a signed char being converted
> to a signed int and causing a negative array index.  I'll look into
> it further and try to get it fixed for the next release.

Because I urgently needed umlauts in a program (linguistic processing
of German), I just took the brute force approach and replaced all
declarations of char with unsigned char.  The compiler complains a
lot, probably because the string.h functions expect char (some casts
should fix this), but it does work fine now.

Thanks for pointing me to the problem, and I'm looking forward to a
clean solution ;-)

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <address@hidden>