lout-users

Re: Marking changes in a Lout document?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Marking changes in a Lout document?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:01:17 +1100

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:50:27 +0100 (MET), Robert Feldt wrote:

  > Hi,
  >
  > Anyone found a nice way to mark what is new in a Lout document compared
  > to an older version of the same document?
  >
  > I imagine a simple would be to add some kind of marker in the margin of
  > each paragraph where there is new material. But there might be better
  > ways.
  >
  > I'd appreciate any ideas of how you do or could do this nicely in Lout.
  >
  > Regards,
  >
  > Robert Feldt

I've seen documents in which changes are marked by a thick black vertical
line in the margins.  I think it's a really neat thing but there is no
way to automate it in Lout, although if you want to do it manually you
could use the @MarginNote symbol, or whatever it's called, combined
with a vertical line which you can get from, say, the @Diag package
(or perhaps by scaling the | character).

Jeff Kingston