lout-users

Re: Wish for @NameOf

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Wish for @NameOf
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:50:50 +1000

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:26:46 +0200, Mark Summerfield wrote:

  > I'd like to be able to write things like this:
  >
  >     See address@hidden designer' on page @PageOf designer.
  >
  > which will print as
  >
  >     See `Qt Designer' on page 32.
  >
  > assuming that I have
  >
  > @Section
  >     @Title { Qt Designer }
  >     @Tag { designer }
  > @Begin
  >
  > I can't see @NameOf in the manual, nor anything that seems to do this
  > in the cross-references section. Is it possible?
  >
  > Thanks.
  >
  > --
  > Mark.

I don't think there is a feature like this available at the moment.
As a subsequent post said, you can fall back on Lout primitives if
you know whether the thing referred to is a @Section, @Chapter etc.

It should be fairly easy to add this feature, and it seems useful,
so I've added it to my list of things to do for the next release.

Jeff Kingston