lout-users

Re: Page header query

From: Barrie Stott
Subject: Re: Page header query
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:38:50 +0100

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 03:09:07PM +0200, Samuel Lacas wrote:
> I think that if you want your page to be a "title page" (or a "start

Thanks for the reply, Samuel. I have obviously misled you and possibly others.
Since I don't think it good policy to post large examples when small ones will
do, I try to make examples as small as is reasonable and I think I cut this
one down too much. In fact it became so small that it may have looked as
though all I wanted was a title page!

I started out with a 10 page ordinary document, as opposed to a report or a
book, and I use @PageHeaders { Titles } to give me the headers I want.
Unfortunately, it also gave a header on the first sheet as well and I have
still found no way to get rid of this. Part of me thinks that running
headers belong to reports and books but, since the User's Guide mentions them
on page 59 under Ordinary documents, another part of me thinks I should be
able to use them with all document types.

Anyway, I have since gone down the different path of using @PageHeaders {
Simple }, which works as I want as regards the first sheet, and tried to
upgrade the headers on other sheets. I have managed to add some cross
reference stuff that allows me to get what I want so I am reasonably happy.

Barrie.