lout-users

Re: Sentence-end punctuation

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Sentence-end punctuation
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:11:08 +0200

Jeff Kingston <address@hidden> writes:

> If someone feels like being authoritative about how sentences end in
> a language they know well, please send me a corrected entry for the
> langdefs file.

Summarizing the discussion, I've prepared a langdefs file which
doesn't list sentence-end punctuation for the following languages:

- Finnish
- French (no change)
- German
- Italian
- Spanish

I've also added the ISO 639 2-letter language codes as additional
aliases.  If anybody has further comments on this, please speak up.
Otherwise, I'll send this version to Jeff.

[Personally, I'd remove the sentence-end punctuation for all languages
but English, and I'd make the ISO 639 codes the primary language
identifier, but I guess that would be too disruptive.]

Greetings

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <address@hidden>