lout-users

LOUT and XML

From: Dick Kampman
Subject: LOUT and XML
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:19:54 +0400 (MSD)

I searched for a good layoutprogram a long time. I need:

 x  admission to all kind of printers en to internet;
 x  a quick and simple system of distributing text and graphics on surfaces

     (paper, screen);
 x  simple use of scalable fonts;
 x  nice transformations as in PostScript (rotations, scaling);
 x  an well interchangeable system.

The first four points are all well realized in LOUT. The need of
interchangeability is, helas, not yet available. The LOUT-format can, as far
as I can see, not be changed to other formats.

Do you have plans to translate LOUT to be an XML-dialect in the near future?

Dick Kampman
address@hidden