lout-users

Re: Parallel text on two pages

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: Parallel text on two pages
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:42:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 02:04:43 +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:
>
> > is it possible to set text on two pages in parallel?
>
> For two pages, i.e. a "spread" the problem is hard to solve, since the
> spread is just two unrelated pages.  In other words, Lout doesn't know
> that these two pages will eb aligned horizontally in the final book.

Oh, I thought, Lout does not know "pages".
So I thought, it should be possible to relate two boxes
with vertical distance, before the text will be put to
the different pages....?

Hmhhh.

This seems to be a hard problem at all, because the
problem - discussed in the german TeX-Mailinglist some
days ago - has yielded a lot of questionmarks in
the faces of the people there too...

Ciao,
   Oliver