lout-users

Re: AFM files

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: AFM files
Date: 24 Jul 2001 20:05:55 +0200

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado <address@hidden> writes:

> >If text from Lout is properly adjusted, this would confirm the
> >assumption, and in my opinion, you would be finished.
>
>     The text appears right, so the metrics should be the same. The
> problem is that I don't have metrics for the euro symbol. And I'm
> running out of time ;))) In six months I won't have peseta but euro in
> my pocket ;)))

Me too, but I'll just use EUR instead of the silly logo.  Anyway, for
this task I'd try the "prfont.ps" program that comes with
Ghostscript.  It prints all the glyphs and their metrics of a font;
make a copy, put the desired font name at the end (see comments), and
send it to your printer.

[...]

> >Furthermore,
> >TrueType fonts contain the font metrics, including kerning, etc.
> >These metrics can also be extracted into an AFM file.
>
>     How? I would like to extract the metrics from a TT I have made
> with the handwriting of Enya :)))

Have a look at ttf2afm at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/type/>.

Greetings

--