lout-users

Re: How to with latin2

From: Radek Hnilica
Subject: Re: How to with latin2
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:55:53 +0200

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 03:15:02PM +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> > > As Uwe wrote, the Czech is supposed to be there, due to the Czech
> > > characters having been defined in terms of glyphs. It is a while
> > > since I tried, but here bellow is as close as I got to a working
> > > Polish test. As I remember including the TimesCE was unexpected
> > > for me as the docs seemed to imply that @SysInclude { latin2 }
> > > would already select the correct character set.
>
> @SysInclude { latin2 } will just pull in necessary font definitions
> for latin2 emulated with Adobe fonts.  You still has to arrange for
> @InitiallLanguage and @InitialFont to be set appropriately.

Sorry but you do not underestand me well.  This is not a solution.
It is dirty and not transparent.

>     # -*- coding: latin-2-dos -*-
>     @SysInclude { latin2 }
>     @SysInclude { report }
>
>     @Report
>       @Title { Spra'va cizi'ho majetku }
>       # ...
>       @InitialLanguage { Czech }
>       @InitialFont { TimesCE Base 11p }
>       # ...
>     //
>
>     @Section @Title { U'vod }
>     @Begin
>     # ...
>

> > How can I replace all fonts and modify latin2 to do this?
>
> You don't "replace" all fonts, you define new ones (latin2 do this for
> you) and use those.

I do not know the internals, I hope you have right with @SysInclude { latin2 }
definning new CE fonts.  But what I need to all fonts are in latin2 and if I in
a middle of document specify @F {some text in courier} I expect to some text be
typeset in latin2 not in latin1.

What I mean.  If I specify this document is in latin2 then this documents is
all in latin2 and if I want to write part of it in latin1 I must such a part
explicitly declare as latin1.

--
Radek Hnilica <Radek at Balga dot CZ>
http://www.balga.cz/hnilica