lout-users

Re: Who'd also pay for a programming book/PDF

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Who'd also pay for a programming book/PDF
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 05:28:05 +0400

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 19:37:25 +0100, Graham Douglas wrote:

> If *ever* you decide to write/sell a Programmer's Guide to Lout,
> please put me down for the first copy!

I can say for certain, that writing a Lout book is almost entirely
impossible for me to do single-handedly due to lack of time.  Besides
I already have a "book" project on hold for few years, so even if I
have time, I already have a project to sink it in.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 23:49:05 +0200, Michael Piotrowski wrote:

> On the other hand, writing a book might be a good incentive to
> really dive into Lout...

But I'll be glad to contribute to the effort if someone takes the
trouble of organizing it, managing the mundane details and doing the
bulk of the "dirty" work.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:12:19 +1000, Mike Thanos wrote:

> Therefore, not only would I leap at the chance to purchase a
> programming guide, but am wondering if there is a Lout superuser out
> there would be interested in providing training to a small group of
> developers at my company to help us kick start our Lout skills.

In .au your only option is to hunt Jeff ;-).

As far as I'm concerned - I think I'd be interested in trying
something like this in a form of informal (heh) "convention", "BOF",
"conference", "beer fest" - you name it.  Finland would be ideal place
(for me), since Helsinki is just some 5 hours by car from St.Pete (not
counting customs), and OTOH it's in the Shengen treaty now so people
from Europe don't have to bother with visas.

FWIW, if things go as planned, I hope to spend my vacation (10-14 days
in August) in Helsinki again, and may be in Stockholm.  So if anyone
is interested in catching me there, drop me an email.

SY, Uwe