lout-users

Questions about PlainText Documents

From: Meszaros Attila
Subject: Questions about PlainText Documents
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:34:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
        I am new to Lout, and I want to use the plaintext feature intesively.
        We have to produce lots of different kind of vouchers. Some of
them in small quantities (few pieces a day, thus allowing the slow
graphical mode printing), and some of them in huge quantities. (several
thousand pieces a day).
        For this second type we have to use fast matrix printers in
character mode, so we would like to get plaintext output "similar" to the
corresponding ps document the following way:
        * table rows only 1 or 2 character high instead of the current 5
        * use '-', '_', '|' characters for table rules instead of dots
        * possibly other characters for rules like in the well known
          MidnightCommander borders.
        * a possibility to set absolut positions

Are any of the above issues possible? Now, or with a little hacking?

Thanks

Attila