lout-users

Re: horizontal galleys

From: Efraim Yawitz
Subject: Re: horizontal galleys
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:05:16 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:14:44 -0800, Efraim Yawitz wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to use horizontal galleys in a non-recursive fashion?
>
> Why not?  @DropCap* symbols do just this for the first (short) lines
> of drop-capital paragraph.
I tried again and now it works (if I put one galley before the text to be
promoted and the rest afterwards), but when trying to right-align it, it comes
out very weird (Things are sort of lined up in the middle, but not really
centered.)  Here are the defs:
def @address@hidden
def @Line{||1rt  @LinePlace }
def @Stuff horizontally into address@hidden&&preceding} right x {x}
This has nothing to do with my Hebrew code; I'm trying it with the regular lout
3.17.
Thanks,
Ephraim